The Alaska State Court Law Library is staffed by professional librarians and paraprofessional library assistants. Library staff can provide you with help using the library’s public computers, copiers, or catalog. We can also provide general research assistance, help you locate a specific document, or assist you with legislative history research.
Note: Library staff cannot give legal advice, interpret the law for you, tell you how to proceed in a court action or do legal research for you. Please see our "How Can Law Library Staff Help You?" section below and our legal research and advice policy and for more information.
- Email us
- Call the Anchorage Reference desk at 907-264-0585, or dial toll free: 888-282-2082 (in Alaska, but outside the Municipality of Anchorage)
- Email, fax, or mail a Request for Information form
Library staff can:
Library staff cannot:
Search for online & print resources in law libraries statewide
The new Integrated Library System is now online, this is the same search box that is on the library homepage, duplicated here for your convenience.
- Alaska Legislative History
- Internet Legal Resources
- Public Access WestlawNext
- New Titles January 2019
- Research Tip: Lexis Digital Library
- Alaska Legal Research
- Alaska Library Network Catalog
- Alaska & Polar Periodical Index via University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Federal and State Legal Resources
- Guide to Electronic Indexes and Databases Alaska State Library
- Hathi Trust Digital Library - includes Alaska territorial laws
- HeinOnline - law journals, 50-state surveys, federal materials, and more...
- Law Commons - search full-text law review articles and other research from hundreds of universities and colleges worldwide
- Legal Information Reference Center - full-text legal reference books through Nolo and thousands of legal forms (only available at a library)
- Legal Journals on the Web - ABA Legal Technology Resource Center search engine
- Martindale-Hubbell - website for locating lawyers, experts, and legal articles
- NCLC Digital Library - online versions of National Consumer Law Center's Consumer Rights Treatises (only available at a library)
- SLED - Statewide
Library Electronic Doorway
- SLED Databases full text magazines and newspapers for Alaska residents
- LexisNexis (requires password)